Swedish Mountain Leader Organisation SFLO
Markus Nyman, new chairman of SFLO
On the Annual General Assembly of the Swedish Mountain Leader Organisation the 19th of May 2019 at Enaforsholms Mountain Station, Markus Nyman was elected new Chairman of the board. Markus has been active board member since 2016 and sees it as a natural step to take the role of Chairman.
– We have a number of very important tasks ahead of us and we face several challenges the coming three years, says Markus. Above all the work to start the training of International Mountain Leaders and in a few years we hope to gain full membership status within UIMLA (Union of International Mountain Leader Associations).
He also points out the importance of gathering even more members to strengthen the position as an industry organisation for mountain leaders.
– We already have some of the countrys most experienced mountain leaders and we are also backed by the authorities, schools, companies and not-for-proift organisations that looks positively onto the development.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About the Swedish Mountain Leader Organisation
The Swedish Mountain Leader Organisation SFLO is a member organisation for trained and assessed mountain leaders. The demand for every member is to be trained and assessed according to the Swedish Mountain Leader Standard. The Standard is put together by the Swedish Mountain Safety Council and is the lowest tier of training required to guide in the Swedish mountains. The industry organisation SFLO was founded to safeguard the interests and rights of mountain leaders and to create an organisation where mountain leaders can develop. Another feature is to market and network with eachother. SFLO is one of the major organisations in this area and is also a member of the Swedish Mountain Safety Council.
Goals and important tasks
The most important goals and tasks of SFLO are:
- Offer Professional development training and workshops for mountain leaders.
- Safeguard the interests of the profession through collaborations with other organisations, companies and government agencies.
- Market the organisation and our members towards the industry, employers and consumers.
SFLO also works with
- Bringing an insurance to our members and the areas of work.
- Bringing membership perks, discounts and pro purchase deals.
- Developing the Swedish training for International Mountain Leaders (IML) through UIMLA (Union of International Mountain Leader Associations) with SFLO currently being an Aspirant Country. UPDATE: Since November 2022, Sweden is a full member of UIMLA.
Would you like help with outdoor activities?
Deep Wild Scandinavia has a lot of experience and a wide network for running organised tours throughout Scandinavia. We work in the forests, on the mountains and by the rivers year round and would love to guide you to your next adventure.
Markus Nyman that runs Deep Wild Scandinavia is the Chairman of the Swedish Mountain Leader Organisation and has a high competence within the Swedish Outdoor Industry.